The following list of items should be of help to prepare for a good income tax result for Photography, Graphic Design and many other Freelance businesses.

  • Your mileage on all work related travel for purchases, deliveries, photo shoots, if you  purchased items to re-touch a person (such as make up, hair dressing etc) items are deductible.

  • Advertising, promotional gifts,  

  • Did  you hire help?  ..the most you can deduct without issuing a 1099 is $600.00 (on an assistant, help , etc)

  • Camera, lenses, and accessories, back drop, lights, cables bulbs, stands,.

  • Working out of home?...get sq footage of your home.

  • Have you obtained a loan for your business in which you pay interest?

  • Legal and professional services, such as notarized business documents, filing of permits, obtaining an entity “name” ( fictitious name  filing in news paper)

  • Office expenses, such as: pens, paper, printing, computer supplies, repairs, staples, rubber bands, paper clips...etc

  • Repairs and maintenance of your equipment.

  • Rental of equipment.

  • Supplies taxes and licenses

  • Travel, meals, lodging and entertainment….networking expenses.

  • Utilities if renting office or using home.

  • Cell/ phones, internet. parking.

  • Educational, seminars, workshops, research.